Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chicken Foil Dinner

It always makes me nervous to make meals for friends or family. Especially if I get brave and try something new. I had company coming over for dinner and needed something really yummy to make. My mom told me about this recipe that she called Chicken Foil Dinner. I felt ambitious and decided to give it a try. It is really quite easy to make. Once it was on the table ready to be eaten, I started feeling nervous. I questioned my resolve, serving something new but it was too late to change it so I had to just go with it. I prayed that it would be edible and hoped it would be much more. Our new friends loved it so much they called later asking for the recipe. Yea, what a relief. I was so glad it turned out so well!!

Ingredients

6 chicken breasts thawed
1 medium onion (Dice)
2 medium tomatoes (Chopped)
1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese (Grated)
3 zucchini (Sliced)

Rub
1/4 t black pepper
1 T flour
1 T water
1/2 t basil
1/2 t Lawry's season salt

Lay out 6 pieces of foil

Mix Rub ingredients together and apply to chicken breasts. Lay each individually on the foil pieces. Then take the other ingredients and top the chicken with them. Onion, tomato, parmesan cheese and zucchini.

Oven - Wrap up the foil and bake at 450° for 40-50 minutes (chicken side down)

Barbecue - Preheat to medium. Double the foil. Cook for 20-23 minutes (chicken side down)

I have used both the oven and barbecue approach and both have turned out great. Let me know what you think.

No comments: